Strategic Management in the Art of Theatre (SMART)
in partnership with India Foundation for the Arts (IFA), supported by Goethe-Institut / Max-Mueller Bhavan New Delhi Presents:
In The Round #3: Community, a series of conversations on creativity, culture and context
- When: 7pm, 25 August 2021
- Where: Online.
- Registration: For Zoom Link, Register Here
- To watch live on Facebook, visit our page: https://www.facebook.com/SMARTIndiaPage
Anurupa Roy, Nisha Abdulla, Sanjoy Ganguly & Sapan Saran
in conversation with Sameera Iyengar
During both the first and second wave of COVID-19, theatre people, under pressure themselves, stepped up to give much-needed relief to their communities.
In this panel, we speak with four people from different parts of the country who ran / are running very diverse relief efforts.
- What about their performing arts practice brought them to these relief efforts?
- Which communities did they reach out to and why?
- How did they imagine and organise their relief, given their own paucity of resources?
- How will this experience feed back into their practice in the future?
Join us as Sameera Iyengar (Core Team, SMART) speaks with Studio Tamaasha’s Sapan Saran on the TheatreDost initiative in Mumbai, Nisha Abdulla (Bengaluru) and the Deep Listening Circle, Anurupa Roy (Delhi) and the multiple relief efforts she and her team at Katkatha have been involved in, and Sanjoy Ganguly (Madhyamgram, West Bengal) on the relief efforts of Jana Sanskriti through COVID and Amphan.
Strategic Management in the Art of Theatre (SMART) is India’s first programme for theatre practitioners that aims to build knowledge, skills and expertise about arts management from within the Indian theatre community.