TIFA 2019 – CALL FOR ENTRIESRegular Deadline: August 31stAt TOKYO INTERNATIONAL FOTO AWARDS we recognize and honor talented photographers from around the world and connect them to new audiences and new eyes in the creative circles of Tokyo, Japan. The competition is open to everyone and we invite photographers from all over the world to enter their work.
Don’t miss this opportunity to receive significant, international publicity and exposure.
. Enter your best photos before the Regular Deadline on August 31st.With 9 categories and over 50 sub-categories, Tokyo International Foto Awards covers a wide range of photography styles and genres:– Advertising– Architecture– Book– Editorial– Events– Fine art– Nature– People– ScienceFocus on the Nature CategoryThis category is for photography that is devoted to displaying natural elements such as landscapes, wildlife, plants, and close-ups of natural scenes and textures.
- Aerial—photographs taken from an aircraft, with a drone, or other flying object, either by hand or remotely.
- Flowers—floral photography in any form
- Landscapes—photos that capture elements of nature and the natural features of land, sky and water. Photographs of artificial scenery, such as farms, orchards and gardens, can be entered here as well.
- Panoramic—wide format images with horizontally elongated fields of view.
- Pets—photos featuring domesticated animals, including animals kept on a farm, in a zoo, or anywhere outside their natural habitat.
- Seasons—images with a focus on the natural seasons, and their effect on nature.
- Sunset—photos showing the rich colors and dramatic lighting of the sunset.
- Trees—photography of trees and forestry
- Underwater—photographs taken while under water, diving on the surface, scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, or from a submersible or remotely operated underwater vehicle.
- Wildlife—photos documenting animals and other wildlife in their natural habitat (NOTE: animals NOT in their natural habitat, such as farm animals or those kept in a zoo, should be entered in the “Pets” category.
TIFA Photographer of Year 2018JOACHIM BERGAUER“Life In A Leprosy Village” – Photographer of the Year, 1st Place winner in the Book CategoryThe book is a journey since 2009 through M’Balling, a village 84 km away from Dakar, the capital of Senegal. There, healthy and sick people are trying to defy a cruel fate. The sick make up a third of the population. The book shows their life, the village, the inner and outer beauty, but also the dark side. It’s a journey into a country where people’s will to survive despite their devastating living conditions is so great that they still smile.Joachim Bergauer, what does this award mean to you? Why do you think this kind of recognition is important in photography?“It has something to do with perception. Every publication and prize helps to illustrate the village or the living situation. The prize gives me the opportunity to tackle several projects and from this I create pictures that are a contemporary historical documentation for future generations.”