Play for Voices Contest: Submit Your Radio Play in Translation
By The Producers of Play for Voices
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 31, 2016!
Calling all literary translators, radio dramatists, and international radio drama enthusiasts! Play for Voices seeks radio play scripts in English translation.
Play for Voices is a new podcast of international radio drama slated to launch in the early fall of 2016. Our monthly hourlong show will present new productions of contemporary and classic radio plays from around the world, exploring their aesthetic, social, and political contexts through inventive, multilingual sound design and interviews with authors, translators, and other interesting people. We’ll feature English-language plays and plays in English translation.
We’re excited to be partnering with Words without Borders for our first contest. We invite submissions of translated radio plays of all lengths and from all languages. The Play for Voices producers and Words without Borders editors will select the winners. The winning play(s) will be produced by Play for Voices and published in Words without Borders.
– Plays must be written or adapted for radio. We are not currently seeking unadapted stage plays or other literature.
– Plays can be of any length, and translated from any language.
– Translators should determine that performance and publishing rights are available before submitting and, if possible, provide contact information for the rights holders.
– Play for Voices and Words without Borders will retain nonexclusive first publication rights to produce and publish submissions.
– Submissions should include two attachments:
- A single MS Word document containing: 1) the English translation of the play; 2) short bios for the author and translator; 3) a translator’s note that includes background information about the play and its production history; and 4) any details regarding rights.
- A PDF of the original play.
– Multiple submissions are permitted.
– Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Submissions will be accepted until July 31, 2016.
Please note: We are seeking only translated plays for this contest, but we encourage writers of original radio plays in English to send us their work anytime at email@example.com.
Play for Voices
Words without Borders