Don’t miss our awards ceremony on Saturday the 23rd at 5pm at the Town Hall Plaza!! There will be a lovely performance during and following. To join the South Indian dinner from 6.30pm onwards, be sure to buy your tokens the day before from Aneeta, or sms her on 9445100465.
On the 21st, Thursday there is a Skype discussion with the director following the screening of Tulasi Apa, at 18.30 at MMC/CP. Later on Thursday, both the films Stony Paths (Archive Bldg) and Me – Asmad (MMC/CP) are followed by discussions with makers of the film at 22.30.
For children*, there are some good human unity films being screened on Friday the 22nd from 4pm onwards at MMC/CP.
And, of course, all the winning films of the festival will be screened on Saturday the 23rd from 8pm onwards at all our 3 venues.
Please do come and enjoy some good music, good food and fantastic films.
Auroville Food Festival with the cuisine Raw Vegan (20th), Vegan (21st), Middle East (22nd) and South India (23rd).
Daily evening performances:
- Thursday 21/12: Lady sings Jazz – our very own Diva sings her choice of swinging jazz songs, accompanied by the International Jazz 4tet – Rolf on bass, Smile on saxophone, Ray on drums and Yuri on keys. A night not to miss!
- Friday22/12: Ray’s Electric Vina Project. From meditative to danceable, mixing classical Indian tradition with free improvisation.
- Second part with the Nu jazz trio with Suresh on drums, Dhani on bass and Yuri on keys, who will bring grooving modal jazz.
- Saturday 23/12: The closing night, with a big number of AV youth bringing some specially prepared performances for AVFF17, ending with a not less than spectacular collective improvisation in collaboration with our special Bamboo team!
- After which the AVFF17 team will announce the winners of this year’s edition, followed by the screening. To end this beautiful week we are proud to present Mouhsine as our DJ into the night!including: Duo Shalini & Friends, Paul’s Funky Project with Gino and Smile, Predrag, Hartmut, Vera and group, Ray’s Electric Veena Project, Nu Jass Trio and more
Find the Screening Schedule here or you can xerox a copy for yourself at AVdzines.
See here our Virtual Catalogues (with synopses) for all 4 categories.
(*) There are two films we do not recommend for children: Forgotten Sex Slaves – Comfort Women in the Philippines 17:50 Wednesday the 20th at Archive Bldg; and Stopping Traffic: The Movement to End Sex-Trafficking 20:00 Wednesday the 20th at Archive Bldg