India Foundation for the Arts (IFA)
seeks a Designer (Graphic & Web)
Deadline Extended to March 31
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you want to learn about, explore and share amazing work being done by artists? Would you like to design communications material that convinces individuals to support the arts?
We are looking for a Designer (Graphic & Web) who will be the mastermind behind all the creativity that becomes IFA.
India Foundation for the Arts is an independent, national, not-for-profit, professionally managed grant-making organisation based in Bangalore that supports research, practice and education in the arts across the country. Please visit www.indiaifa.org for further information on our mission, objectives and programmes.
- Conceptualise design and layout for print designs
- Update the website with IFA related current news and events, and work closely with the technical person
- Communicate the work being done by grantees, showcases of projects supported by IFA, and fundraisers and outreach initiatives with the larger field through social media, video and email campaigns
- Conceive and execute campaigns to spread awareness about IFA’s various grant-making programmes
- Conceive and design unique campaigns to help raise funds for the organization
- Liaison with printers and other vendors to supervise the complete process of creating communication materials
- Discuss briefs for new communications material with other IFA staff and work closely with the communications officer to co-produce it
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Be a part of team IFA—contribute through ideas and take responsibilities for additional work as and when required
- Proficiency in design softwares such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, CorelDraw, InDesign
- Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS. Additional knowledge of handling CMS systems such as Drupal
- Capacity to document events through photography and video, and create videos for campaigns with basic knowledge of video editing
- Strong written and oral communication capabilities
- Excellent knack for rendering information in innovative ways
- An eye for detail with the ability to see the big picture
- The ability to design and develop original concepts
- The ability to work and co-ordinate with various teams
- Experience in producing quality communications material across media
- (print, web, audio-visual etc.)
- An understanding of the arts in India is desirable
REMUNERATION: Between Rs 3.5 to 5.5 lakh per annum depending on the candidate’s skills and relevant years of work experience.
Applicants should send a detailed C.V., a cover letter stating their reasons for wanting to work with IFA, and a portfolio of their previous work across media. Please ensure you include in your portfolio, at least some of the following—brochure, poster, emailer, social media material, advertisement/announcement, audio-visual material and website. Preference will be given to people with prior work experience in the non-profit and/or the arts and culture sector.
Send your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org – any CV received without the above mentioned attachments will not be considered. The deadline for applications is extended to March 31, 2015.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on the telephone and then in person, in Bangalore.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The IFA Team