We offer following courses at Drama School Mumbai.
1. Post Graduate Programme in Acting and Theatre-Making – The Post Graduate Programme in Acting and Theatre-making is a one year full time programme of learning for individuals keen to pursue a career in theatre and related performing arts. This highly intensive course is designed to lay down foundation skills and knowledge in acting, creation and entrepreneurship.
The course combines rigorous training with the opportunity to work on a production from scratch. The fee for this course is ₹4,50,000 (Four lakh fifty thousand rupees). Scholarship and installment options are available for select students.
The applications for the Post Graduate Programme in Acting and Theatre-Making, for the batch of 2019-20 are opening from 1st March 2019.
The admission process comprises of a written application.
– You will have to submit your CV along with a detailed outline of your academic background and two letters of reference from individuals who know you in an academic or professional/work capacity.
– A statement of purpose outlining why you want to do this course, and what you hope to achieve from it.
The eligibility criteria for the course is:
Age – 21 years.
Qualifications – Graduate/Equivalent level of study or work/life-experience
Upon successful completion and submission of the application, candidates are invited for an audition process which includes an individual audition and a group workshop. Counselors at the DSM are available to help you in the process of the application and prep for the audition.
We also offer workshops
Details of the same are mentioned below:
1. Foundation Skills in Acting is a workshop designed to build upon core areas of acting: movement, voice and the development of strong performance through understanding dramatic texts. It is ideal for budding actors who wish to explore the world of acting. This is a five consecutive day workshop in the evenings. The fee is ₹6000/-.
2. Weekend Acting Programme is a workshop designed for non-practicing theatre enthusiasts, who want to use theatre techniques in their respective areas of profession. This is usually conducted over three/four consecutive weekends, in the mornings. The fee is ₹8000/-.
3. Advanced Workshop Programme is a workshop designed for practicing theatre makers to hone their craft and learn advanced skills in specific techniques.
We also have ‘Natyakala’ workshops coming up in Kolkata, Pune, Mumbai and Jaipur, in the month of Feb and March.
Natyakala workshops are short One Day workshops.
– These workshops are an opportunity to come and learn about the lives of our students from the people who know it best – our faculty and alumni.
– There’s a registration fee of Rs. 500, for the workshop.
The dates of the Natyakala workshops are as follows:
Jaipur – 24th February 2019
Pune – 10th March 2019
Kolkata – 23rd March 2019
Mumbai – 14th April 2019
If you’re interested in applying for the course this year, you can reach out to me on the number given below.
Please visit our website: http://thedramaschoolmumbai.
Also, follow us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages, for regular updates on Drama School Mumbai
Vishal John Jacob
Course Advisor | +91 9920935513