The International Year of Global Understanding, the International Council for Philosophy and Human Sciences, Management of Social Transformations Unesco and Mémoire de l’Avenir have launched a call for videos to unite artists around the world in order to demonstrate the involvement of the arts in society, and their contribution to it.
At least one video per country or per dialect will be presented at an installation at The World Conference of the Humanities from 6-12 August 2017 in Liège, Belgium. Around 200 states or languages will be represented, taking visitors on an approximately five-hour journey around a world of artists.
Artists working with all forms of expression (fine arts, photography, film, music, performance, creative writing, poetry, digital art, architecture, culinary artists…), and those addressing social or political challenges – such as the environment, nature, science, education, labour, limits and borders, migration, urban space, collective and individual memories, living together, women, children and human rights – are invited to create a short video in which they express, in their native language, the role of artists and the arts in society. The video should reflect the artist’s motivations and objectives, and the impact of their work on society.
To apply, please send your video to firstname.lastname@example.org via Hightail or Wetransfer, and note that:
- your video should not exceed 1 minute and 30 seconds;
- your artistic work should be visible or audible in the video;
- your video should be creative;
- your video must be recorded in your native language;
- your video must include an English translation (either embedded in the video or via a separate text);
- your video must be recorded in full HD format (1920 x 1080 pixels), H264.mov or MP4;
- no pejorative connotations, propaganda or discriminatory statements will be accepted;
- your video must be accompanied by the following information: name, country, artistic medium, a short statement no longer than 500 words, and a comprehensive project file in English;
- your video must be copyright-free.
The deadline for submissions is 30 November 2016
The selected videos will also be made available online and will be accompanied by information pertaining to the artists and their projects, such as videos, photos and texts.
A wider selection of projects will also be edited and made available online, thus building an active platform for the exchange of resources, showcasing the richness of cultures, ideas, commitments, forms of expression and actions.
For more information, please click here
Content produced in collaboration with Cineuropa