The Inception Grant was setup in 2020, soon after the first lockdown, with the prime focus of supporting and mentoring emerging talent in the visual arts. The Grant is open to contemporary artists between the ages of 21-35 years from South Asia. It is more than just a financial aid to artists – awardees have access to our mentors & curators who assist them to develop their art practice through the year.
We are delighted to announce the opening of applications for 2023. The grant amount has increased and we hope this continues to grow.
2023 Grant Commitment: Four grants of Rs 100,000 each (including the Tacita Dean Award). A total commitment of Rs 400,000.
- Artist from South Asia ages 21-35 years (as of November 1, 2022). Artists from Bangladesh, Bhutan, India. Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be included.
- Practice must fit the contemporary genre. Format and media are not a constraint.
- Illustrations, graphic design, and decorative art are not within the mandate.
- Applicants must be at an early stage of their career, a student, or an emerging artist in the process of launching their career.
- Applicants must be individuals (or part of a collective) applying on their own behalf.
APPLY BY OCTOBER 15, 2022
To apply email the following documents to email@example.com with the subject line Grant Application 2023
- Artist bio highlighting experience (250 words)
- Detailed resume including education, exhibitions, awards, and recognitions (if any)
- Artist statement (250 words)
- Statement of purpose elaborating how this Grant will benefit the artist’s practice (250 words)
- Portfolio of available works in PDF format (10 – 12 works only). Please ensure the file name is that of the artist.