CPB Foundation in collaboration with Studio A (@evolve_with_studioa) and SPI Edge (@spiedge) are thrilled to bring back the Kanavu Fellowship program in photography and film making for candidates identifying as female from some of the experts in the field.
Photography and Film have the power to tell incredible stories, and shine a light on important issues and hidden tales. Which is why diversity in this space is critical; but the gender gap behind the camera still persists. This one year long program is a small step towards addressing the issue.
If you are interested in this career path, here’s the chance to be mentored by some experienced teachers. If you know anyone, who might be interested, please help us spread the word. Or if you know any organisations that are working towards gender equality and empowerment, help us connect with them.
Benefits of the program
- Open avenue to a new career path
- Be mentored by working professionals to learn new artistic techniques
- Develop technical knowledge in Photography and Film-making
- Develop business, project management and portfolio development skills
- Develop visual communication and critical thinking skills.
- Develop networking skills within the arts and media fraternity.
Details for candidates
- Application fee: free
- To qualify:
- You must be identifying as female.
- You must be 18 or above as of 1 April 2022 to apply.
- You must be a resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates will be required to be in Chennai during the last week of April 2022 for the first meeting. Travel and accommodation will be provided.
- Subsequent classes/mentoring sessions will be held online from April 2022 to February 2023
- You do not need to have a camera/laptop to join this program.
- Prior knowledge of photography/videography is not required.
- Deadline to apply: 8 April 2022 | Selection to be announced by 30th April 2022