- Bhavishyate: Wednesday, 2nd November 2017, Time: 5 pm, “Rendez-vous with Vidyanagar”,Presentation/Talk by Auroville and Pondicherry Artists Camp in Karnataka.
- Kalakendra Art Gallery: Friday, 4-26th November – Art Exhibition by Marco.
- Sri Aurobindo Auditorium: Friday, 4th Nov., Time 7.45 pm: Film
- Bhavishyate: Thursday, 10th Nov. :Indian Film at 7.45 pm.
- Bhavishyate: 11th Nov.: Time: 7.30 pm, Indian Music Vocal Recital by Manisha Johsi, Visiting Guest Artist from Mumbai. See details below.
- Bhavishyate: at 7.45 pm, Thursday, 17th November: Documentary on The Mother.
- Sri Aurobindo Auditorium: 7.45pm, Friday, 18 Nov.016, Regular Weekly Film Show by Aurofilm.
- Sri Aurobindo Auditorium, Saturday, 19 Nov. at 8 pm: Odissi Dance by Sangeeta Dash, from Pondicherry
- Sri Aurobindo Auditorium: 8pm, Nov.24, 25 & 26: “The River” by Jill’s Auroville Theatre Group.
BHARAT NIVAS Presents MANISHA JOSHI
(Visiting Guest Artist, Mumbai)
INDIAN MUSIC VOCAL RECITAL
FRIDAY, 11th November 2016, TIME: 7:30 pm, VENUE: Bhavishyate, Bharat Nivas, Auroville
Introduction: Manisha Joshi is a singer based in Mumbai, learning music from her childhood; she has been trained under Sri Madhukar Khadilkar, Sri Raghunandan Panshikar and now Srimati Devaki Pandit. Both her Gurus are disciples of Padma Vibhushan Ganasaraswati Kishori Amonkar. She learnt nuances of light music from Pandit Yashwantdeo Dev and her husband Milan Joshi, also a singer and music composer. Manisha works as professional singer in Mumbai lending her voice for Marathi film playbacks, jingles, music shows and concerts of Hindustani and light music. Teaching is her passion and she is happy to be volunteering as a music teacher during her present course of her stay in Bharatnivas. Manisha will offer a bouquet of Hindustani classical music, semi-classical, devotional and light music. She will be joined by her student from Auroville in the end to create a collage of Indian and Western music together.
Organised by Bharatnivas Cultural Coordination Group
More Information: 2622914