Auroville Exchange Program
Building meaningful relationships with Auroville across the world
A unique opportunity for Aurovilians to build relationships and gain fresh perspectives with people of similar interests outside of Auroville.
A line in the Charter of Auroville provides inspiration:
…Taking advantage of all discoveries from without and from within…
One of the key aspects of Auroville is to be a place for the exchange of ideas and experiences, with nations and cultures from all over the world. This exchange program will give a chance to shift the community’s attention more outwards, by actively seeking more diversity and forming hands-on connections with other parts of the world which are currently “under-represented” in Auroville.
A group of people involved in social, economic or environmental innovation such as waste management, health and hygiene, farming, governance, education, communication, value addition, etc. Participants are expected to be:
- Committed, enthusiastic and receptive to new perspectives
- Able to host two participants from matching fields outside Auroville
- Able to communicate well in English (Tamil, French, Hindi are bonuses)
- Willing to travel
The program will last 6 weeks starting in October 2019
Countries whose communities are under-represented in Auroville
- Identify a matching common interest group in the under-represented country which you have in mind.
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the application form.
- Fill in the form, clearly explaining your motivation for the exchange programme
- Submit the form to the Exchange Programme before …. 2019.