We are happy to announce that we are publishing Vaasal (Entrance), a new magazine in English about Tamil art, culture, language and society in Auroville. Our Vaasal intends to do the following things:
- Enjoy: Showcase Tamil literature, music and art in a way that is accessible to everyone.
- Meet: Introduce senior Tamil Aurovilians, workers to the community at large.
- Think: Introduce important ideas and rituals along with an open offer to participate.
- Speak: Act as a friendly first step into the Tamil language for those who are frustrated by their language inability and wish to learn to enjoy themselves in this beautiful language.
- Integrate: In light of Mother’s words that Tamil culture is an essential part of the integral yoga of Auroville, to bring the Tamil and non-Tamil parts of Auroville closer together.
We invite all readers to download the first issue at the following web address: http://tinyurl.com/vaasal
We welcome contributors to Vaasal, and we have many existing materials that we would like to share with the community.
Please send us your thoughts, ideas and feedback to: email@example.com
Anbudhan (only with love), R. Meenakshi, Jonathan and the team at Ilaignarkal School