My work grows organically where forms happen and form is given the importance. I like to paint, and on some forms I paint with only black and white, while on others a lot of color is used. This depends on the clay and firing. I work with terracotta, stoneware and porcelain with gas and electric firing. Some pieces are wood fired in a friend’s studio.
Children, sun, learning, cooking, clay, flowers, yoga, dance, bike, angry, sad… all this is part of me and ceramics becomes a physical, mental and spiritual activity. Sometimes slowing and times when a lot happens.
All this with the love of clay, creating form and the emptiness.
Supriya’s studio is open to visitors Monday to Thursday: 9 am to 12 noon and 3 pm to 5 pm.
address: Auromodel, Auroville
e-mail: supriya [at] auroville.org.in
Sizes of first 8 objects:
1. Feel of life : 10 x 22 x 27 cms – Each
2. Fabric Pod : 29 x 45 x 27 cms
3. Landscape vases : 25 x 28 x 9 cms – Each
4.Set of teabowls : 9 x 9 x 9 cms – Each
5. Landscape jars : 21 x 11 11 cms – Each
6. Landscape vases – (medium) – 14 x 10 x 10 cms
7. Dish with handle – 14 x 16 x 15 cms
8. womb trpitych – 25 x 84 x 13 cms