Unwind into Kalarippayattu, Yoga and Panchakarma this December at Kalarigram, and begin the new year with awareness, health and happiness!!! Please see the Posters attached!
Nestled in the ancient ambience of a Gurukul, is the sanctum of Kalarigram, where the oldest martial art in the world Kalarippayattu is practiced in its originality and authenticity. Every dawn and dusk of day, one can see a herd of disciplined bare feet and palms touching the ground of the Kalari in salutation to Mother Earth. Place your ears on this earth and you will hear the breath of the budding warriors as they engage in the sadhana (practice) of awareness through this martial art.
Under the shade of ancient indigenous trees, Kalarigram is vibrant with energy as the daily rituals practiced here are an offering to nature’s elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. Karma Yoga is an essential part of Kalarigram’s community lifestyle where all the practitioners and residents involve in the daily activities of cleaning, cooking, gardening etc. We welcome you to experience it for yourself during the upcoming Workshops.
Register Online Now!
- Yoga Sadhana Shibir with Swami Taponidhi – Dec 3rd to 10th 2017 – https://goo.gl/forms/
- Panchakarma Workshop – Dec 13th to 22nd 2017 – https://goo.gl/forms/
qbNlIPMhjxAXjrP33ABOUT YOGA SADHANA SHIBIR WITH SWAMI TAPONIDHI – DEC 3RD TO 10TH 2017This Shibir (camp), in celebration of Tantra, has been designed to provide the participants an opportunity to learn the art of awakening the Pranas (life-forces) and the ability to direct them so as to attain a spontaneous meditative state. This shibir is a judicious combination of Integral Yoga (Hatha Yoga and Raja Yoga) and Kalarippayattu, along-with experience in Ashram life, a first of its kind for the spiritual aspirant. The shibir will entail a balanced set of practices viz. Kalarippayattu, Mantras, Asanas, Pranayamas, and Yoga Nidra to awaken the Pranas within while simultaneously learning the art of cultivating one’s awareness by directing one’s attention to one’s own mind. Kalarippayattu will be taught in its preparatory stage of strengthening the body, the mind, and the emotions so as to be able to enter the meditative state.
The participants will proceed from
A: Alertness of one’s own responses
R: Relaxation of mind to
A: Awareness of one’s attitudes to
C: Concentration enabling one to
E: Evolution meaning ability to transform one’s attitudes and thus one’s responses.
YOGIC LIFE STYLE is thus A RACE! Improving the quality of life in one’s immediate environment for one and all! ALL ARE WELCOME! OM TAT SAT
Dec 2nd by 5.00 PM- Participants Arrival, Inaugural Havan, Orientation
Dec 3rd to 9th as follows
6:00 – 8:00 AM – Meditation, Shatkarmas, Asanas and Pranayamas
8:00 – 9:00 AM Breakfast10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Yoga Nidra and Meditation
12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch
5:00 – 6:00 PM Kalarippayattu
6:00 – 6:30 PM Meditation
6:30 – 8:00 PM Kirtan, Bhajan, Havan
8:00 – 9:30 PM Dinner followed by Satsangh / Sharing CircleDec 10th Morning Havan and Concluding CircleSW. TAPONIDHI PROFILE & YOGIC JOURNEY
- Swami Taponidhi was initiated in Poorna Sannayasa in January 2004 by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati, the Spiritual Guide and Paramacharya to Bihar School of Yoga.
- Completed Certificate course in Yogic Studies in 1999 followed by Teachers’ Training Course in Yogic Studies from Ghantali Mitra Mandal. Thane-Maharashtra at the turn of the century in May 2000.
- Immediately on completion of TTC, he started disseminating the Art and Science of Yoga for Peace, Plenty and Prosperity and at the same time joined the one year Diploma in Yoga Philosophy at Mumbai University, Kalina. He stood first amongst the participants in the final exams in 2001,
- He got his initiation into mantra in February 2001 by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati.
- His journey into Yoga –The path of internalization had begun. To further his study, he joined the M.Sc. Course in Applied Yogic Sciences At Bihar Yoga Bharati, Deemed University started by his Guru Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati in 2001.
- His life entered a new phase when on completion of his M.Sc. and with the Grace and Inspiration of his Guru he joined the administration of Bihar Yoga Bharati in June 2003.
- He continued in the BYB administration while at the same time was a part of the administration at Bihar School of Yoga (BSY) until March 2016.
- Swami Taponidhi left the ashram in April 2016 and with the Grace of Guru has been spreading the message of Yoga with the aim “To Improve the Quality of One’s Life.”
- He has given an interview on ‘All India Radio-Pune in June 2016’. He has been spreading the message of Yoga while conducting five day camps titled “Yoga begins with Pratyahara.”
- Since August he has conducted Yoga Shibirs in Jalgaon District and Nasik, Maharashtra. Further, he conducted some introductory classes in Haridwar and Rishikesh and proceeded to Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal to spread the message
ACCOMMODATION AT KALARIGRAM
We have 5 rooms on twin sharing basis. Residential space available only for 10 participants on first come first serve basis.You can arrange your own accommodation in nearby guest houses and participate in the Shibir. Click on the link for contacts to guest houses in Auroville
org/FOODFood will be served 3 times a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Vegetarian meals with a mix of Rice, lentils, curry, sambar/rasam, and sometimes chapattis. Fruits will also be served.
Black Tea / Herbal tea / Ragi Tea will be served early morning, mid-day and evening.CLIMATETropical climate: humid with year-end monsoon. From December to March the day-time temperature range is 24 to 30°C (74 – 85ºF). From April onwards, the temperature rises and can reach a peak of about 40°C (105°F) in May-June; occasional rainfall from July starts to bring the temperature down. The main monsoon period usually starts around mid October and continues to mid December. Nights are generally about 5°C cooler than the days.
ESSENTIALS THAT YOU NEED TO CARRY ALONG
Torch, Mosquitto repellent cream/spray, warm clothing, Umbrella, Yoga Mat
Residential – Rs 10,500/-
Non-residential – Rs 9000/-Register Online Now! Yoga Sadhana Shibir with Swami Taponidhi – Dec 3rd to 10th 2017 – https://goo.gl/forms/
3Dk8FfzP8fAV68sg2ABOUT PANCHAKARMA WORKSHOP – DEC 13TH TO 22ND 2017Kalarigram introduces ‘Arogyam’, a wing dedicated to the art of healing and wellness. To live in the harmonious balance of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha, one needs a healthy body and mind. This is the intention of ārogyam. This 10 days Panchakarma Workshop will have subjects that include Kalarippayattu, basic principles of Panchakarma. Theory and Practicals.FEES
Residential – Rs 30,000/-
Non-residential – Rs 25,000/-Register Online Now! Panchakarma Workshop – Dec 13th to 22nd 2017 – https://goo.gl/forms/
qbNlIPMhjxAXjrP33You can also call us on 0413-2622091 or +91-8531914100 to register.Or by mail: email@example.comThanks and Warm Regards,Kalarigram Team