A non-commercial cycle of generosity and gratitude for the existence of Auroville
At Unity Pavilion, Mondays – Saturdays from 9:30 am to 4 pm
1 January to 15 February 2018
Join us in sharing beauty, showcasing creativity, and building a 50th birthday gift for the land!
Come to the Unity Pavilion, make a land donation, and receive a beautiful work of art as a gift. Or view the special Art for Land collection on our online gallery and reserve an artwork artforland.auroville.org.
More than 70 artists from Auroville, the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, India, and AVI centers from around the world have donated their works to raise funds for completing Auroville’s Master Plan land base. Works include paintings, ceramics, photographs, glasswork, jewelry, collages, and sculpture. Some artworks created by Ashram artists were blessed by the Mother.
Treasures include unique creations by artists of the Auroville International network – the triptych on metal (above) by Josee Lamers of the Netherlands – plus other rare and beautiful works contributed by fellow Dutch artists M. Leddy, & G’ Huting, by French artists GAP, Véronik Ménanteau, & Philippe Vigoureux, by Nathalie Racicot & by Suzanne Langlois of Canada, and by jeweler Nuno Campos from Portugal. Don’t miss this special opportunity!!
Several artworks are available as postcards, along with other items, along with a parallel fundraiser of donated rare photographs of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
All donations go exclusively for purchasing Auroville’s missing Master Plan land
View these two video clips for a glimpse of the beauty, creativity, and magical atmosphere of ART FOR LAND Year 3:
This upbeat video by AV Radio previews the artworks & the energy at the Unity Pavilion as Art for Land Year 3 swings into action on the exhibition’s opening day!
Auroville artists share their inspirations & aspirations in this visual tour of their works on display and offered as gifts in gratitude for land donations. Shot by Serena for Outreach Media.
These special Unity Pavilion events are fundraisers for Auroville’s land:
– Sunday, February 4 th , 4 pm: “Creative Writing Playground”; – experience the fun of this rich two-hour session of creativity and techniques for expression, led by Francesca
– Monday, February 5th, 5 PM: “The History & Future of the idea of Human Unity”, talk about the imperatives of human unity followed by Q & A, by Professor Emeritus Sehdev Kumar of Canada
– Tuesday, February 6 th at 3 PM: Visual presentation on Auroville’s land, needs & progress with Q & A, led by Sigrid, one of Auroville’s dynamic land fundraisers (Unity Pavilion)
– Thursday, February 8 th , 8 pm: ‘Evening Melody’ – concert of Light Classical Songs in 4 Indian Languages, by Artists from the Sri Aurobindo Ashram
– Friday, February 9 th at 7 PM: “Is the land calling?” – documentary film on William Commanda, North American Native Elder, on how we can live in harmony with each other and with Mother Earth, followed by a discussion about AVI Canada’s relationship with the Elder over the years, led by Stéphane of AVI-Canada, (Unity Pavilion)